- Conde Nast is offering a 6-month paid HR internship.
- Theweek.co.uk is offering a 6-month paid editorial internship.
- You & Your Wedding magazine seeks a digital intern to undertake a 6-month paid placement.
- Orion publishing is accepting applications to their graduate non fiction traineeship.
- Octopus books has a vacancy for a publicity and marketing assistant.
Endeavour Press, are seeking full time and/or part time proof readers to support their busy editorial team on a rolling contract.
Role description: You will be responsible for proof reading manuscripts (fiction and non-fiction) of up to 80,000 words (in some instances the manuscripts may be longer, for which we can pay an additional fee). The job will be completed from home with flexible scheduling. Hours will vary depending on whether you are working full time or part time.
Requirements: You must be a graduate with an excellent command of the English language and all grammatical rules. The position requires careful attention to detail and the ability to thoroughly review large amounts of content in an efficient manner. Ideally you should have some experience of proof reading, preferably within publishing (trade, magazine or academic). This is not an editor, copywriter or writer position and as such requires someone with some experience at proofing to tight deadlines. Applicants should have a good working knowledge of Microsoft Word.
Income: £50 per manuscript (80,000 words or less).
Please email your CV and a short covering letter to Charlotte. Successful applicants will be contacted within two weeks and invited to attend an interview. We cannot respond to all applicants, so if you do not hear from us within two weeks, please assume your application has been unsuccessful.