- Telegraph fashion desk is offering a paid 9-month features internship.
- Random House Ireland is offering a paid 3-month editorial internship.
- Hearst seeks a 1-month paid marketing/sales intern.
- You and Your Wedding magazine is offering a paid 3-month digital internship.
- Macmillan has a vacancy for an editorial assistant.
Opportunity of the week…
Company: Chalke Authors
Position: Publicity Assistant
Hours: Part Time- One Day a Week (7.5 hours)
Location: Home – London based preferable as you will be required to attend literary events in London.
Salary Description: Available on request
Closing Date: Friday 30 April 2014
Chalke Authors is a freelance consultancy and publicity service for authors. We have represented a number of bestselling authors from William Dalrymple, Simon Sebag Montefiore, Patrick Bishop, Saul David and Leonie Frieda.
We are seeking a publicity assistant to work closely with the Director, Richard Foreman. Responsibilities include administrative duties, as well as involvements in all aspects of a publicity campaign from creating press releases, booking literary festivals and pitching media (local and national), and social media.
· Degree educated, minimum 2:1
· Solid understanding of book publishing process, in particular the role of a publicist
· Excellent telephone skills and strong written communication
· Solid understanding of key social media channels: Twitter, Facebook and Goodreads
· Excellent time management, with ability to schedule and prioritise your time efficiently whilst working across multiple projects
· Proven ability to ensure that high quality standards are met
· A flexible attitude
· Previous PR/Publicity internship or experience preferred
How to Apply: Please send your CV and covering letter to Richard Foreman at email@example.com quoting reference Number: 115151. Due to the high volume of applications, unfortunately we cannot respond to all applicants personally. If you do not hear from us within 72 hours, please assume your application has been unsuccessful. Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
For more intern opportunities follow me on Twitter @steff_lever
Like Diary of a Publishing Professional on Facebook.