Tuesday 23 July 2013

Intern Opportunities: 23 July 13


Paid Internships

Opportunity of the week...
Endeavour Press, the UK's leading independent digital publishers, are setting up a special internship scheme for people interested in publicity. Placements will run throughout the year lasting for one month (applicants will have to be available for at least three days a week). The offices of Endeavour Press are in the area of St Paul's in central London.
Applicants will need to show proficiency in using social media, love of reading and ambition to work in publishing. Position will involve helping to run promotional campaigns for books (both in terms of online publicity and contacting traditional media outlets). The position will also involve working with authors directly.
Experience is preferred, but not essential. Expenses covered.
To apply for a placement please contact richard@endeavourpress.com and enclose a CV plus a short cover letter.

Get intern opportunities straight to your inbox by subscribing on the right hand side.

For more intern opportunities follow me on Twitter @steff_lever

3 comments:

  1. Hi there, I really love your blog and it's helped me hugely in terms of applying for and eventually securing an internship in publishing. I was recently offered a position as an offsite/remote intern over a period of time, and I was wondering what you think of this type of internship compared with onsite internships - what would be the advantages and disadvantages of taking this on. Also if you have any information or experience with this type of internship I'd appreciate your input as I'm a bit confused about how this type of internship would work.

    Thanks so much and again, love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Maria,

      Thanks very much for leaving a comment. I'm glad you're finding my blog useful.
      I have done a remote internship before for a magazine company called CocoKouture - they have offices based in New York. It was certainly worth doing as it was very cost/time effective!
      I would say that offsite/remote internships are definitely good for building up a portfolio of writing. This is especially the case if you can't afford onsite internships or if you're still in full time education.
      The downsides are that industry networking is restricted and perhaps less time with Editors. I've done other journalism placements that were onsite and found them good (if not better than remote) as I was able to spend more time with the Editor and gain experience working in an office environment.

      I guess that both offsite and onsite internships are good. At the end of the day, it all goes down on your CV and should be equally appreciated by future employers. I would say that if you're still a student then offsite internships are a must during term time - save the onsite for when you're on holidays?

      Hope this helps!

      Delete
  2. Hi Steff,

    Thanks very much for getting back to me, your thoughts are really helpful. I think I'm going to agree to the offsite internship and take it on alongside my studies. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete