Tuesday 29 November 2011

Snapshot Diary - Aesthetica Magazine October 09 - September 11

My longest relationship with a company so far has been the experience that I have had with Aesthetica Magazine. For almost 2 years I was a ‘campus ambassador’ for the magazine; promoting their activities around my campus at the University of Surrey and gaining experience on-going experience in marketing.

The main tasks that I was involved in were:

  • Handing out leaflets
  • Posting up flyers
  • Advertising via University clubs/societies
  • Advertising via email
  • Digital marketing
  • Updating my progress table
  • Composing a marketing strategy to improve the scheme

Overall, I had a good experience with Aesthetica magazine. I developed new skills in marketing, and experienced independent working from home. I was reporting to the marketing manager regularly, and I was kept up to date with all the things going on in the office.

I have only stopped being a Campus Ambassador due to the scheme being on suspension. However, once this scheme commences again, I would recommend it to anyone who would like to do some marketing for a magazine, and would like to work flexible hours during semester.

For more information visit: http://www.aestheticamagazine.com/ambassadors.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment