Tuesday 13 September 2011

Snapshot Diary - Hachette April 2011

Unfortunately this post isn’t as long as my previous snapshot diaries, and this is namely because it’s been one of the shorter placements I’ve partaken.
After my previous placement at The LittleTiger Press, I had pretty much established that I preferred working at larger companies as opposed to smaller ones. This is one of the reasons that I chose to do a placement with Hachette (and not to mention how well known they are). This time, I had chosen to go on a placement which I had never done before, and this was in the Marketing department. I really enjoyed my time with Hachette and I think they would be a brilliant company to work for.

Anyway,these were the tasks that I was involved in:
  • Handlingdata using spreadsheet
  • Researching
  • Mail out
  • General admin duties
  • Marketing campaign for Laini Taylor

Overall, the majority of my time was spent helping out with the Laini Taylor marketing campaign. Nevertheless, I thoroughly enjoyed my time Hachette and had a chance to circulate the different departments and talk to other employees. This is how I eventually got my second placement with Hachette, but I’ll talk more about that later. The next snapshot diary will be on John Blake publishers.

No comments:

Post a Comment