Saturday 17 September 2011

Keeping you updated...

Due to just coming back from Spain, I thought I’d write a quick note about what I have been doing over the past few weeks.

Before I went away, I completed a week’s placement at HarperCollins, and I would highly recommend this company for work experience. The team and the staff were all very friendly and gave me plenty of work to do. I would say that it is definitely one of the best placements I’ve been on, in terms of productivity.

For those unaware, I’ve been doing little things for the Guardian online, including a podcast to share my experience of work placements, and a live Q&A on ‘blogging to boost your career’. Please find the links below if you haven’t already taken a look.

Blogging to boost your career

Career Talk Podcast: A guide to work experience

Lastly, I have been continuing my internship at CocoKouture magazine and this week I had my first article published. This article was actually my ‘sample’ article, which I sent in to the magazine when I first applied. Luckily they liked it so much that I’m going to have my own special column, which will be named something along the lines of, ‘Steff’s take on living and loving’. I really wanted to write about love and relationships, so I’ll be starting the new series ‘Guide for the relationship girl’ and ‘Guide for the single girl’ – see below for the link to the debut article in the series.

Guide for the Relationship Girl: How do I know when it’s really over?

At the moment, I don’t have any upcoming work experience plans but I’ll keep you updated as and when I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment