- Iln seeks editorial interns.
- Conde Nast is offering a 6-month online editorial internship.
- Conde Nast is offering a social media internship.
- Vogue has a vacancy for a fashion bookings assistant.
- Penguin Random House UK has a vacancy for a publicity assistant (deadline today).
- HarperCollins is now accepting applications for their 2015/16 18-month graduate scheme.
Opportunity of the week...
Endeavour Press, the UK's leading independent digital publishers, are looking to employ a Marketing Assistant for a full-time permanent position starting as soon as possible. This is an exciting opportunity to assist with promoting e-books and developing their digital strategy. The candidate will first be offered a three month contract, with a view to then signing a permanent contract. Relevant experience in publishing is preferred but not essential.
The role will be diverse. Duties will consist of, but are not limited to:
· Expanding their network of marketing and publicity contracts
· Managing promotional campaigns via Amazon and Social Media
· Exploring new avenues of eBook promotion
· Working with authors to raise their profile and sales
· Finding and developing new and backlist authors to publish and promote
· Administrative duties
· Degree educated, minimum 2:1 and/or experience in publishing and digital media
· Solid understanding of social media (specifically Facebook and Twitter)
· Excellent time management, with ability to schedule and prioritise your time
efficiently whilst working across multiple projects
· A passion and proficiency in regards to reading different genres of books
· Proven ability to ensure that high quality standards are met
· Excellent communication skills with a flexible attitude
Salary: £18,000 per annum (depending on experience). To apply contact Richard (firstname.lastname@example.org) and enclose a CV, short cover letter describing your previous experience and relevant skills. Deadline for applications, 30th April 2015.
For more intern opportunities follow me on Twitter @steff_lever
Like Diary of a Publishing Professional on Facebook.