- Hachette has a vacancy for an editorial assistant.
- Penguin has a vacancy for a rights assistant.
- Bauer Media has a vacancy for an editorial assistant.
Opportunity of the week…
The Historical Fictionist is a digital magazine for fans of historical novels. They are looking for a part-time (2 days a week, 15 hours) intern to help with writing copy, conducting interviews, reviewing, proofing, handling page designing and managing their social media profile. It is an ideal opportunity for a recent graduate looking to gain experience in publishing and/or journalism. The position is unpaid, but expenses will be reimbursed. The London-based team is small and so there will be opportunities to learn a range of journalism and publishing skills.
- Proven writing skills
- Good attention to detail
- Ability to work as part of a team or using own initiative
- Interest in books, writing and history/historical fiction
- Solid understanding of social media channels: Twitter, Facebook and Goodreads
To apply please send your CV and covering letter to Jon Watt (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 5pm on 17th October. Due to the high volume of applications, they cannot respond to all applicants personally. If you do not hear from them within a week of the closing date, your application has been unsuccessful. Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
For more intern opportunities follow me on Twitter @steff_lever
Like Diary of a Publishing Professional on Facebook.