Saturday 10 March 2012

Keeping you updated...

Get ‘Keeping you updated...’ and other blog posts straight to your inbox by subscribing to this blog via email. Please see the subscription box on the right hand side and submit your email. Once submitted, you will need to use the link in the automatic activation email to VERIFY your subscription.

With the lack of intern opportunities on social media and company websites, I decided that it would be a good time to post ‘keeping you updated’. Although, if I’m honest, not a lot has changed for me since the previous post last month.

A lot of people have been asking me about the job market and the inevitable question ‘have you started applying yet?’ in short, I have and I haven’t. I’ve applied to three PA/Editorial positions at magazine companies, but it appears I’m still too early. My classic enthusiasm bug never seems to go away - I know some of you feel the same..

I received an email from a reader the other week asking ‘how do you do it? How do you write so much outside of University and still keep up with it all?’, and I simply told them (like other final year’s I’m sure) that I have no social life whatsoever. However sad it may be, it’s still one hundred percent true. Even when I take that into consideration, it remains no understatement that as my dissertation deadline approaches, I’m definitely feeling it and quite frankly I’m struggling. So on that positive note, much to my dismay, I will not be posting my regular Saturday posts up until the 31st of March, which is when they will resume. Some of you may feel heartbroken others relief. Any which way, to my joy, I will still be posting up regularly on Tuesdays.

As usual, feel free to send me a quick email if you have a query, statement or just want to chat – I’m a big fan of social interaction. Also, don’t forget that I’m still looking for any bloggers that want to contribute to this blog and to write about their positive intern experiences.

Here’s a snippet from an older blog post -

Over the next coming months, I would really like to expand my blog to include other student/graduate experiences of any publishing placements undertaken. I would like to do this as I think this would help other reader’s gain a bit more of an insight into work experience, in terms of what is involved and what they can expect from different companies.

If anyone would like to contribute to this blog then please email me. The written piece will be in a similar style to my own snapshot diaries, and will be entitled ‘Guest Snapshot Diary – [Name]’. There is no minimum word count as long as the piece is insightful.

For more information email: steff.lever@gmail.com

Hope you all have a lovely weekend :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment